- The competition is only open to teams. Each team must have at least two members, and at least one member must be a Vietnamese citizen or of Vietnamese descent.
- Except otherwise provided by VietChallenge, all team members must be at least 18 years of age.
- The competition is open to applications in all industries.
- There is no limit to the number of applications a team can submit.
- Past winners of VietChallenge are not eligible to apply.
- Past finalists, other than the winners, are eligible to apply to compete with projects that are different from the projects that they submitted the year they were Finalists.
- Volunteers, judges, mentors, and members of the organizing committee of VietChallenge 2018 cannot participate in the competition. Direct relatives, which includes means spouses, parents, children, and siblings whether by blood, adoption, or marriage, of the members of the organizing committee also may not participate. The list of the members of the organizing committee, as may be updated from time to time, can be found here.
How To Apply
The team must submit their application online here. The application must include these materials:
A pitch deck in the form of a 6-slide presentation file. The pitch deck shall address all of the following questions:
- What market does your team address?
- What is the problem in that market?
- How big is the market?
- How does your team address the problem? What is your business model? How will the business make money?
- Why is your solution better than the existing methods?
- Your team profile (relevant expertise): Please list the names and roles of all co-founders in your team and give brief details about each co-founder's relevant experience and education
A 1-3-minute video pitching the team’s business idea.
A competition entrant may submit other documents and materials in support of their application.
11:59PM EST, January 30, 2019
Otherwise agreed with entrants, VietChallenge has the rights to publish and distribute participants’ Entry Materials, Mandatory Materials, and Optional Materials, including for purposes of promoting the competition or showcasing its participants to VietChallenge’s investors and public, and training.
Participants are responsible for their own intellectual properties.