Date: September 28, 2016
- “The competition” or “the VietChallenge competition” means the 2017 VietChallenge Competition
- “Entrant” means each member of every team competing in the competitions.
- “Participant” means all parties playing an active role in the competitions, including mentors, judges, entrants, affiliated third parties and speakers
- “Sponsors” means all corporations or entities that sponsor the competitions.
- “We”/“Us”/“Our” refers to VietChallenge.
2. Information that we collect
When you and your team (collectively referred to as “you”) register with us, we collect some personal information from you, including your name, address, telephone number, and email address. We also collect additional information to be used in the competitions. The type of information collected varies depending on your role in the competitions, as described in the Competition Rules.
We also collect information about your interaction with our website. For example, we collect certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser type, and language, access times and referring website addresses. We may also use website analytics tools on our site to retrieve information from your browser, including the site you came from, the search engines and keywords you used to find our site, the pages you view within our site, the links you click on, your browser add-ons, and your browser’s width and height.
Additionally, we may use technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on our sites and services. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies contain information that can later be read by a Web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. A web beacon is a single-pixel gif which assists in delivering cookies on our website and allows us to count users who have visited those pages. We may use web beacons from third parties in order to help us compile aggregated statistics regarding the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns or other operations of our website.
3. How we use your information
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Verify participants’ eligibility to enter the competitions
- Match entrants with mentors and judges
- Share information you have voluntarily provided about yourself with matched participants and VietChallenge staff in order to operate the competitions
- Match an entrant with the event, category or services best suited to your company’s needs
- Communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about the competitions
- Perform auditing, research, and analysis about your use of our website so that we can make improvements;- Ensure the technical functioning of our network
- Develop new services
- Manage our business
- Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
4. Choices for personal information
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some VietChallenge features and services might not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
5. Information sharing
Your personal information consists of the information you submitted regarding yourself, your company, and other information you submitted to us. We may share your personal information with entrants, judges, mentors, and VietChallenge staff insofar as it is necessary to run the competitions. However, participants and sponsors will only have access to personal information that you disclose as part of your participation in the competitions.
We only share personal information with other companies or individuals outside of the competitions in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We provide opt-out functionality for the sharing of any sensitive personal information;
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (c) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of VietChallenge, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated and non-personal information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our website and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest.
6. Access to your personal data
We make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes.
7. Children’s privacy
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
8. Visiting our websites from outside the United States
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is our policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between VietChallenge and an individual.